Four Legged Friends

Four Legged Friends
Energetics: the science that deals with the laws of energy and its transformations.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

S CURVES

You never know what you’ll discover around the next bend in the road and as a result, what you’ll be doing, who you’ll meet. Let’s face it, things can get pretty interesting on this journey we call life.

I woke up one morning with the understanding that I needed to head back to Astoria Oregon. “What’s that all about?” I said out loud. Okay, okay. So I checked out and headed south again.

I felt excited to be in Bellingham, going through the daily motions of creating a life there, meeting people, making connections, so, why was I going backward?

At some point on the road it came to me. Astoria kept hanging at the edges of my awareness. Being near the river had really touched me. It was a place that I didn’t take the time to explore in my eagerness to get to Bellingham. After all, I was in a hurry to see what the fuss was all about. My curiosity of the later got the best of me so instead of hanging for a day or two to explore, I literally blew through. So, I was being presented with an opportunity for a do over. So the last bit of time on the road was filled with the excited anticipation of going back and discovering its hidden treasures.

I checked into the same hotel I stayed before and believe it or not ended up with same room and I didn’t even request it. Sweet.

I spent the next two days exploring Astoria and came to the conclusion that it would be a great place to visit, but not to live for many reasons. In my explorations I discovered Cannon Beach. The large monolith, called Haystack, which it resembles, was of interest to me, so I made some calls and found a great deal on a cottage by the sea. It just fell into place so effortlessly.

Cannon beach is a sleepy little town of 2000 -+, in the winter months, but from February through the fall months it turns into a bustling hive of activity with all the tourists that flood in. I found the people to be warm and friendly and the town itself architecturally charming.

As I lay in bed that night, I was thinking what a wonderful gift that I had been given to find this spot and found myself looking at Cannon Beach as a potential site to land. I was only a block away from the beach and could hear the crash of the surf throughout the night. Energetically speaking, it was intense. The energy coming off the Pacific so directly had me wired the whole night.

So, I’m sure you, as I did, will be questioning why, when I woke up I felt so compelled to go back to Bellingham. There it was--the strong call back. I couldn’t get there fast enough. Sweet place near the ocean, friendly town, and the lack of lattes had nothing to do with it, honest.

So back to Bellingham I drove. As soon as I hit the road I began feeling an undercurrent of excitement. I was ready to get down to the business of creating a life in the town that was so eager to have me. Or so I thought.

I would like to leave everyone with these thoughts from Maya Angelou…..


"I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow."


"I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a life."


"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision."


"I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back."

"I've learned that I still have a lot to learn."

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger