Four Legged Friends

Four Legged Friends
Energetics: the science that deals with the laws of energy and its transformations.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

HANGING TEN

Since my last post the wave has carried me to Heber, UT. Heber is a beautiful valley just 20 minutes south of Park City. The valley is green, lush and filled with horse and cattle farms. I’m happy to say it already feels like home. I’ve met really nice people and am making great connections for my work. It’s my feeling that this sleepy little community is in the middle of transforming into a spiritual Mecca and I am riding the crest of the change. How exciting!

As I drive to and from Park City at the crack of dawn, I have been blessed with witnessing some amazing animal encounters. Below, are just a few vignettes that really spoke to me.

I was headed into Park City early one morning and as I was climbing the mountain pass, I glanced over and spotted two Muskrats raised out of their burrow facing the rising sun in salutation. It touched me that our four legged friends knew the importance of offering gratitude and that they were taking the time to connect with source. Something I encourage friends, family and clients to do every day.

During another early morning trip into Park City, my eye was caught by a small calf stretching his neck and touching noses with a large work horse across a fence. They both were really intent on connecting with one another. Inner species friendships, if only humans were so open and welcoming.

On a hike into Rock Cliff Park two weeks ago I saw what appeared to be a Golden Eagle dropping from the sky with its talons out. It was magnificent to see. Of course I followed it with my eyes and was rewarded with seeing the eagle land on its aerie sitting high on a crag, which I had mistaken for a withered bush, only moments before.

The next day I went back with my binoculars to get a better look and just to be sure it was in fact a Golden Eagle. I am happy to report that it is. When I first moved to Utah I thought I spotted a Golden, but a local told me there weren’t any here. Now I know differently.

Over the past couple of weeks I have hiked to that area several times to check on the nest. Last week my frequent trips paid off with the sighting of a tuft of white. Babies!! Hurray!!!

Just yesterday I took a friend with me to check on the nest and as we came around the corner, we were greeted by the babies squawking up a storm.

I noted three vultures circling above and I was worried for the little ones. There was no parent in sight, so I communicated to the vultures that I was watching and they needed to leave; and they did. One of the babies was right at the edge of the nest making it easy pickings. To my relief a parent finally arrived carrying something in its talons and began shredding and feeding it to the two little ones. What an amazing event to witness. I was literally vibrating with excitement. My only regret was not having a camera to capture such an amazing experience.

I find the greatest pleasure in the simple things and encourage everyone to find the natural wonders that feed their souls.

Blessings,

Kate

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kate, thank you for such an inspiration posting - it brings me right there, with you, and a timely reminder too about the importance of holding on to SOURCE not taking anything for granted and being aware, each and every day of our connections to this wonderful life system, again, bless you x
    David - in Shropshire ENGLAND

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger