Four Legged Friends

Four Legged Friends
Energetics: the science that deals with the laws of energy and its transformations.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

WINDS OF CHANGE

The winds of change seem to be escalating the release of unresolved issues for a great many of us. Fear is one of the most prevalent states of being that the majority of people are experiencing at this time. This fear has many faces: fear of change, fear of lack, fear of ruin and so on.

With the rising vibration of the planet, many layers are being stripped away from all sentient beings and our beloved Gaia. This process is creating a firestorm of emotional energies raging across the planet and within each of us.

Fear in itself is not a negative emotion. It is only when we allow fear to immobilize us or cause us to act in a self destructive manner that it becomes problematic. Fear can be a wonderful motivator, launching us onto new paths to explore and experience or stopping us short of physical or emotional harm.

It can actually bring about change within a society. Look at the example of the power of directed fear creating dynamic change within the Egyptian community. A whole group of peoples walked through their door of fear, risking life and limb, to stand up to a government that had not been serving their society’s best interest. In one strong collective voice they declared that enough is enough.

I would like to put forth the idea of changing our perception of fear. Instead of resisting this emotion, we can use it to our advantage, motivating us to shift forward. Yesterday, I did just that.

I am fortunate that there are many trails in the mountains that surround Bellingham to explore. I have heard from many locals that the Fragrance Lake trail is a wonderful hike with the lake as the prize at the top. Heights, at times, can make me uncomfortable, but because I love being in the mountains and woods, I am frequently walking through that particular door of fear to embrace what I love.

Fragrance Lake trail is 5.5 miles round trip; the elevation gain is 1100 feet by trail’s end for 2200 feet plus on the total hike. The grade is 5 – 7% the majority with many narrowed steep areas; difficulty level is moderately easy to moderately difficult. I felt the majority of the trail was pretty difficult.

As I park Chloe I am excited to get into the woods. I gear up and begin my ascent at 10 a.m. I step into a beautiful, varied landscape that fills my being, overlaid with the smells of rich earth and fragrant evergreen. The slight breeze and cool temperature of 50 degrees is welcoming; perfect for hiking. I make my way up, back and forth, only occasionally pausing to catch my breath or to take a picture to share with you.

About an hour in I came to a very narrow, steep spot and I froze. Literally my legs would not move. So I had a talk with myself. “Kate you’ve come this far, you can do this! You worked hard to get to this point--turning back is not an option. Think what you might miss and just do it!” So I did, and I didn’t even close my eyes.

The trail from that point forward was the most difficult overall, with a narrower, steeper trail line, lots of switchbacks, roots, downed trees and rocks to navigate.

I trudge up and up, hoping the lake will reveal itself at any moment. Thank the goddess; a human being is coming my way. It’s a woman and her dog coming down the trail. I say to her, “Hi. Please tell me the lake is close!” “Well, you still have to go up that rise then down and then…” “Thank you,” I say. “Have a great day!” All the while I’m thinking like, OMG!!! Not one to give up, I breathe deeply and continue on. After about 20 minutes more of climbing I descend down a short trail, come over a rise, and there she is--Fragrance Lake. I fall in love immediately. It’s so worth my efforts. This beautiful lake lying before me is going to be a great place to meditate, contemplate and renew. I begin immediately. It is so peaceful that I don’t want to leave, but, reluctantly, I gear up and begin my hike back.

Since I am so tired and don’t trust my ability to navigate the trail in a safe way back down, I decided to take the fire road. I was given a whole different vantage point from the road and was treated to a beautiful waterfall. Changing orbit can bring new things in after all.

About 40 minutes into the return trip, I get a huge surprise—some very large prints in the mud to my left. My brain begins going through the list. No not dog, no not coyote, no not cougar… BEAR!!!!!!!!… Yes! There are bar in them thare woods.

Please don’t be concerned. I am constantly scanning my surroundings when I hike. I also walk with hiking poles and have decided that if need be I would not hesitate to smack any critter that gets testy with me. Or just run like hell……whichever feels prudent at the moment.

I am back to the beginning after 2.5 hours, feeling very tired but spiritually renewed. I enjoy reliving in my mind’s eye the sights and sounds I experienced through the day as I head home.

I hope you enjoy the pictures I took to share with you. No, I didn’t stop to take pictures of the bear tracks…I mean, please.

Love & Blessings,

Kate

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful. What a great topic, I feel like fear keeps me from experiencing a lot of things. Do you think that what we fear, we create? Is facing our fears the best way to overcome them? How do we find the courage to do so?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great questions..We are always in a state of manifesting/creating in our life. The desires/emotions or beliefs we feel most strongly are what we will draw to ourselves. Universe does not differentiate between good or bad. It responds to the energies we put out.

    As an example, if you are constantly fretting over lack, that is what you will draw to yourself. Oh Jes wants lack so it comes.

    As I mentioned in the post, fear is a good thing. However, if it keeps you from becoming the best you, and this addresses many aspects, then it is important to look it in the eye (or as a door like I do) and walk through.

    Honestly, I walk through that door a lot when I am hiking. I have an issue with heights, but the places I love seem to always put me in a place where a choice has to be made. I always choose to walk through the door with my eyes wide open.

    I cannot give you the majic formula to move through your fears. It is something different for everyone.

    In short I always ask myself, "Kate what's the worst that could happen?" "What do you stand to lose if you don't try?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. I shared your insight with some other friends. I am going to keep that in mind and face my fears with confidence.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger