Four Legged Friends

Four Legged Friends
Energetics: the science that deals with the laws of energy and its transformations.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

PAUSE

I’m afraid that this weeks post will be lacking its usual color. I was hit hard on Monday by a stealth virus. I suppose my focus being so engrossed in the moving in process, that I didn’t even have a clue it was lurking. On top of that, I thought I nipped a sinus infection that was brewing earlier in the week, but alas it hit too.

Needless to say I was bed ridden through Thursday, with my waking hours spent wrapped in a Robitussin haze.

Friday I needed to rouse myself from the comfort of my warm bed to make a foraging expedition to the local Co-Op. I had been living on organic soups from the box for the past few days and was craving fresh veggies, so I was going to make a fresh batch of vegetable chicken soup, come hell –or- high- water.

It wasn’t a pretty sight as I shuffled down the aisles, but I managed to gather what I needed and went home to put it all together. All and all I think my soup turned out pretty good considering. Not my best batch, but wholesome and fresh.

After resting for several hours, I took a short 20 minute walk down to the water. Even though the pier was calling me, I had to turn around and head back to the condo while I still could, under my own power. The fresh air and the sound of the gulls and the vista of Lummi Island renewed my flagging spirits. It was definitely worth the effort.

It’s Saturday and I am feeling better still, the cobwebs are dissipating, and am looking forward to being fully functional in the land of the living this coming week.

Blessings & Love,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger